Thursday, May 31, 2007

June

It's now June, the sixth month of the year.

Almost half the year has passed me by.

What have I accomplished?

Not much.

I have a lot to catch up on.

I've seen all 5 seasons of Scrubs (only 5 are available). It has reinforced my view that it is one of my all time favourite series on TV. I cannot wait for Season 6 to be released!

As I write this, I am back to Season 1. Sad, isn't it.

My only consolation is that I found a new Dean Koontz book today when I went to Sam's Club. I didn't even know that he had a new book out. It's called "The Good Guy"

Here's what's in the inside cover:

Timothy Carrier, having a beer after work at his friend's tavern, enjoys drawing eccentric customers into amusing conversations. But the jittery man who sites next to him tonight has mistaken Tim for someone very different - and passes him a manila envelope full of cash.

"Ten thousand now.
You get the rest when she is gone."


The stranger walks out, leaving a photo of the pretty woman marked for death, and her address. But things are about to get worse. In minutes, another stranger sits next to Tim. This one is a cold-blooded killer who believes that Tim is the man who has hired him.

Thinking fast, Tim says "I've had a change of heart. You get ten thousand - for doing nothing. Call it a no-kill fee." He keeps the photo and give s the money to the hired killer. And when Tim secretly follows the man out of the tavern, he gets a further shock: the hired killer is a cop.

Suddenly, Tim Carrier, an ordinary guy, is at the center of a mystery of extraordinary proportions, the one man who can save an innocent life and stop a killer far more powerful than any cop....and is relentless as evil incarnate. But first Tim must discover within himself the capacity for selflessness, endurance, and courage that can turn even an ordinary man into a hero, inner resources that will transform his idea of who he is and what it takes to be The Good Guy.

I've been a fan of Dean Koontz since 1994. I can honestly say that he has changed my life!

Anyway, even though it is 12:37pm, I am going to read some of this book before I go to sleep. Being tired doesn't count when Dean Koontz has a new book out!!

Good night all

PS I still hate my life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home