Sunday, May 06, 2007

The weekend is over

Have you ever noticed, that at the beginning of a weekend, it seems like a long time until Monday morning comes back around - but then before you know it, it's there!!!

I find myself in that position now. It's 10:55pm on Sunday night, and I wish that I didn't have to go to work tomorrow. Wishful thinking I guess!!

Anyway, I'm sitting here, watching a recording of "Numbers" that played last Friday night. It's a pretty good show, and so I record it every Friday.

So what else has happened? I had a friend move to NJ on Friday. Played Scattegories on Friday night with some other friends. That was the first time that I had played, and I must admit that I had a lot of fun!!

Went to a couple of new restaurants over the past week too. First of all, on Thursday night I went to the Red Bowl Asian Bistro in Cary. They serve a mixture of Japanese, Thai and Chinese food. I must admit, the place looks nice, and the food was good. I even had some sushi from their sushi bar, and it was good. Then last night, I went to a Thai restaurant in Durham called Twisted Noodle. That was really crowded, but it was also very nice. I'm not usually a fan of Thai food, because I can sometimes have a bad reaction to coconut milk, but I must admit that I liked it. The dessert item that I had was roti parata with ice cream and chocolate sauce. Sounds freaky, I know, but it was delicious!

Oh, and if my mother reads this, she will probably be calling me after she this entry. An Englishman has opened an authentic fish and chip shop in Raleigh. I've already been twice, and I must admit, it may not be good for my health, I LOVE IT!!

Why does food that tastes so good end up being so bad for you! Divine retribution I guess!

So, what song will I end today's post with? Well, I was watching "House" this past week. If you don't watch it - then please do - it's one of the best series on TV today. At the end of this week's episode, they played part of a song called "Ain't no reason" by Brett Dannen. Here's that piece:




There ain't no reason things are this way
It's how they've always been and they intend to stay
I can't explain why we live this way
We do it everyday

Preachers on the podium speaking the saints
Prophets on the sidewalk begging for change
Old ladies laugh from the fire escape
Cursing my name

I got a basket full of lemons and they always taste the same
A window and a pidgen with a broken wing
You could spend you whole life working for something
Just to have it taken away

People walk around pushing back their desks
Wearing paychecks like necklaces and bracelets
Talking about nothing, not thinking about death
Every little heartbeat every little breath

People walk a tight rope on a razor's edge
Carrying their hurt and hatred and weapons
It could be a bomb, or a bullet or a pin
Or a thought, or a word, or a sentence

There ain't no reason things are this way
It's how they've always been and they intend to stay
I dont't know why i say the things i say
But i say them anyway

Love will come set me free
Love will come set me free, I do believe
Love will come set me free, I know it will
Love will come set me free


Prison walls still standing tall
Some things never change at all
Keep on building prisons gonna fill them all
Keep on building bombs gonna drop them all


Working your fingers bare to the bone
Breaking your back to make yourself useful
Laugh along, it's filled with cold
Suffocating slow


The wind blows wild and i may move
But politicians lie and i am not fooled
You don't need no reason nor a three-piece suit
To argue the truth

The air on my skin, and the world under my toes
Slavery stitched in to the fabric of my clothes
Chaos and commotion wherever i go
Love i try to follow


Love will come set me free
Love will come set me free, I do believe
Love will come set me free, I know it will
Love will come set me free

There ain't no reason things are this way
It's how they've always been and they intend to stay
I can't explain why we live this way
We do it everyday

The entire song isn't on that clip - the entire piece from the episode isn't either - so here is the song in it's entirety that some discerning youtube user has uploaded, with some general clips from "House"



Wouldn't you believe it - as I was searching YouTube, I found a clip of the current season of "Scrubs" where this song is also being used:



I can't wait for the next season to come out on DVD!


Have a good one!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home