Sunday, June 06, 2004

My first blog (don't expect too much!)

I am not sure exactly how one would start their first blog, so I will explain how I got here. I recently powered up an older PC that I had not used in over a year. Once I got it working, and cleaned it up a little, I started looking at the 'Favourites' folder. I took a look at my cousin's website (I haven't spoken to him in about a year too), and saw that he had started his own blog. His most recent post mentions that he hasn't heard from me in a year. I have my reasons for not being in touch with him, primarily anger and disappointment in the way that he behaved when I was trying to help him, but I have put all those behind me now. I still, for some bizarre reason, do not feel like calling him - don't know why.

So, as I sit here watching a rerun of Law and Order: Criminal Intent, that I mistakenly recorded last night, I decided to create my own blog, and share my thoughts and feelings with whoever might want to listen.

Now, about me. Hmmmm. I am an average guy, living the quiet life in North Carolina. Rather than reveal more about myself here, I guess I will let more and more be known as time goes on. That is if anyone is interested......

You might have noticed that I have not mentioned who my cousin is, but I will take an idea from his blog, and end each post with a 'Song of the day'.

Song of the day - When I dream at night, by Marc Anthony

(The recent headlines about J-Lo and Marc Anthony caused me to listen to his music again - I hadn't listened to him in a while. When I dream at night was one of my favourite songs from his 1999 self titled album. )

1 Comments:

Blogger Roshan said...

Manoj,
Saw your comment in my blog about those rantings that I made. Briefly, those r my thoughts about my feelings about things that I feel r true. I am not saying that there aren't good people in the US. I said there "in general". That's all I have to say about that.

The real reason I am posting a comment here is u typed in ur blog that u were not talking to me because of the way I behanved when u were trying to help me. Care to explain? I remember u trying to help me get to the UK but I don't know what it is u r talking about. If u cud kindly explain it wud help a great deal. All i know is that after the last contact we had over the phone, I went on my way working at my former office, waiting for u to call. U didn't. For a long time I waited till I just gave up hope. I don't care about anything else, but we were closer than brother, so how can u not talk it over with me. u did not even consult me, try me. maybe u were wrong, maybe i was wrong. but u owe me an explanation. big time. otherwise, its nice to know that u r alive.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home